Language Support

Gama

Retired GAM-oderator!
Heya all!

I know I am relatively new to the forums, but through playing the server, I have noticed that there is not many languages supported throughout. I believe this is a fundamental thing that most servers should always have, it allows diversity and supports people who can't speak English to play the server. I suggest that we add some language support in the server. Some suggested languages are:

• German - Deutsch
  • Dutch - Nederlands
  • French - Français
  • Spanish - Español
  • Chinese (Simplified) - 中国人
  • Chinese (Traditional) - 中國人
  • Hindi - हिन्दी
  • Arabic - عربي
  • Turkish - Türkçe
  • Italian - Italiano
  • Polish - Polska
  • Portuguese - Português
  • Brazilian Portuguese - Português do Brasil
  • Russian - Русский
  • Romanian - Română
  • Greek - Ελληνικά
  • Swedish - Svenska
  • Pirate English - Pirate Speak (Joke language, just for funsies)
  • Norwegian - Norsk
  • Finnish - Suomi
  • Danish - Dansk
  • Ukranian - українська
  • Czech - Čeština
  • Hungarian - Magyar
Now of course, this is a HUGE list and so I feel like it would be ideal to take this slow and steady and slowly add these languages overtime. I suggest a website called http://crowdin.com/ as this allows the community to translate the server by themself and of course being guided by people who run BridgerLands. Not only this, as the community can both translate and approve translations via this website, and these will be applied to the server. It is really simple and a nice, effective way to translate stuff, and of course, making your own translations website can also work. I hope these are considered! :D

xViiRuS

Heya all!

I know I am relatively new to the forums, but through playing the server, I have noticed that there is not many languages supported throughout. I believe this is a fundamental thing that most servers should always have, it allows diversity and supports people who can't speak English to play the server. I suggest that we add some language support in the server. Some suggested languages are:

• German - Deutsch
  • Dutch - Nederlands
  • French - Français
  • Spanish - Español
  • Chinese (Simplified) - 中国人
  • Chinese (Traditional) - 中國人
  • Hindi - हिन्दी
  • Arabic - عربي
  • Turkish - Türkçe
  • Italian - Italiano
  • Polish - Polska
  • Portuguese - Português
  • Brazilian Portuguese - Português do Brasil
  • Russian - Русский
  • Romanian - Română
  • Greek - Ελληνικά
  • Swedish - Svenska
  • Pirate English - Pirate Speak (Joke language, just for funsies)
  • Norwegian - Norsk
  • Finnish - Suomi
  • Danish - Dansk
  • Ukranian - українська
  • Czech - Čeština
  • Hungarian - Magyar
Now of course, this is a HUGE list and so I feel like it would be ideal to take this slow and steady and slowly add these languages overtime. I suggest a website called http://crowdin.com/ as this allows the community to translate the server by themself and of course being guided by people who run BridgerLands. Not only this, as the community can both translate and approve translations via this website, and these will be applied to the server. It is really simple and a nice, effective way to translate stuff, and of course, making your own translations website can also work. I hope these are considered! :D
Agreed. Maybe a place where players could apply for the role of translator.

Gama

Retired GAM-oderator!
Agreed. Maybe a place where players could apply for the role of translator.
On crowdin, it easily allows people to apply for Translator and the owner of the Translations Project can promote people to a proofreader so they can approve suggestions! :D

Neam

I think this could be a great addon to the server. I would be able to do Dutch translations as example.